This is a pic of an old, and somewhat, worn card that sits along with others on the wall next to me. Most of the cards I have on display on walls, tables and windowsills are ones I have picked out myself for the image, rather than ones received from someone.
I have had this card for a long time. I have always loved it. It is one of my favorites, not only for the wonderful romantic tension between the two people, but also for all the interesting little details the painter chose to place in this image. Someday I would love to have a bench like that outside, and the interestingly carved table surrounding a tree.
The image depicted on this card is of the 1888 painting by the English painter Marcus Stone ( 1840-1921). It is titled “In Love”.
When I looked over at the card today, it seemed perfect to put up for Valentine’s Day :)
9 Notes/ Hide
- nightwindsandsighs likes this
- standandswaywithme reblogged this from iseultsdream
- britishseaweed reblogged this from iseultsdream
- britishseaweed likes this
- tea77green likes this
- himmelueberhamburg likes this
- hinterdensiebenbergen likes this
- my-memory-palace likes this
- my-memory-palace said: Lovely!
- iseultsdream posted this